In Fact PACS functions as the central core of the healthcare center, and provides centralized Storage and management of the images and also information. To do so , after the installation of the diPacs it is crucial to define the diPacs specification in different modalities such as (CT,MR,XA,US,…) then the entire images and the exams of the diagnostic operations will be sent to diPacs. It is necessary to mention that some modalities cannot submit the images automatically.
As the diPacs system receives the images, records and registers them and then updates the worklist. diPacs system can make the received images available to the network users as well. The specialists can have access to the information with no boundaries whatsoever.
Meanwhile in case of numerous patients in the diPacs system, the archiving of the images on DVD are carried out automatically and in the future in case of the need, referral to the images are importable to the system.
If the physician are provided with the internet, both diVision and web based can be the means to receive the images.
Network and internet server
- Being located on the local network or the Internet and provide users with the ability to search and retrieve images.
- Full compliance with the service infrastructure requirements and, in the event of reduced bandwidth (Internet), compression or Downsizing (By PACS Admin control)
- Transferring old images to other storage and maintaining new patients to ensure speed of search and retrieval of images.
- Pre-fetch the old information in case of connecting with the HIS as soon as the patient arrives at the center.
Images Searching feature
- To receive required instructions to search in the archive of images according to the client’s request.
- Storage of all formats defined in DICOM v3.0.
- Setting the search method and wildchars in accordance with the request of the center’s procedure.
- Possibility to retrieve images as progressive download
- The recovery of multiple testimony simultaneously
- Real-time compression with DICOM standard as (Lossless, Lossy, RLE)
- Defining the compression mechanism
- Sending images on-line to server / Side Servers
- Possibility to send to backup server on-line.
- Ability to retry the operation to a configurable number if the side server is not functioning.
Receiving and managing reports
- Receive and save reports by experts and physicians.
- Report, Save and transfer images on CD / DVD.
- Voice Report feature.
Memory space management
- Managed storage to prevent data overflow.
- Clear archived information.
- Register all the records and the dates of archiving
- Retrieve archived items by label and date.
- Retrieve each single-tester individually from an archive media.
- Automatic backup of the database.
- Setting the time to get backup
Control access levels
- It is possible to define the access for domain users, in which, only authorized users have the ability to connect to the server and access the information.
- Defining user roles.
Resource access management (Row Level Security)
- Possibility to define the scope of each user’s authority
- Users grouped management and their authority.
Integration with HIS and RIS
- The possibility of integrating the system with the HIS of the Center, to receive the patient’s name and other clinical information.
- Two-way communication for sending images and receiving clinical information.
Unlimited number of studies
- Ability to manage unlimited number of patients on the server (requires only hardware development)
- No Limit on the testers Storage.
FULL License Modality
- Unlimited connectivity of all imaging devices to PACS.
- The possibility of connecting all medical imaging devices to the MARCO PACS system.
- Specialized support of angiographic systems.